For more information about the sexual exploitation of children in travel and tourism take a look at the following resources:
Resources from our Local Code Representatives
- A Responsible and Sustainable Tourism Industry – Prevention of Commercial Sexual Exploitation of Children – ECPAT Mexico
A Global network to end the sexual exploitation of children.
- ECPAT International
- The Global Study on the Sexual Exploitation of Children in Travel and Tourism
- The International Summit of Child Protection in Travel and Tourism – Call to Action
- Effective Ways of Working with the Private Sector – Background Paper and Guidance Note
In 1989, the UN established the Convention on the Rights of the Child (CRC). In 54 articles, this document outlines the fundamental right to welfare that all children in the world are entitled to.
- UN Convention on the Rights of the Child
- Children’s Rights and Business Principles
- UNICEF Resources
- UNICEF – Corporate Social Responsibility
- UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights
A long term supporter of The Code is the World Tourism Organization (UNWTO), the United Nations agency responsible for the promotion of sustainable and universally accessible tourism. As the leading international organization in the field of tourism, UNWTO promotes tourism as a driver of economic growth, inclusive development and environmental sustainability and offers leadership and support to the sector in advancing knowledge and tourism policies worldwide.
- Out of the shadows: Shining light on the response to child sexual abuse and exploitation – Global Index, The Economist Intelligence Unit