Koncept Events joins the fight against child sexual exploitation by becoming a member of The Code
Koncept Events joins over 300 travel and tourism companies to become the latest members of The Code. In partnership with Local Code Representative ECPAT-USA, they will be given tools and support to strengthen their commitment to child protection and will report annually against the six criteria of The Code.
The six criteria of The Code are:
- Establish a policy and procedures against sexual exploitation of children.
- Train employees in children’s rights, the prevention of sexual exploitation and how to report suspected cases.
- Include a clause in contracts throughout the value chain stating a common repudiation and zero tolerance policy of sexual exploitation of children.
- Provide information to travelers on children’s rights, the prevention of sexual exploitation of children and how to report suspected cases.
- Support, collaborate and engage stakeholders in the prevention of sexual exploitation of children.
- Report annually on their implementation of the six criteria of The Code.
As a broader commitment to corporate social responsibility, Koncept Events has pledged to use their position as an award-winning destination management company and corporate meeting planning agency to raise awareness of human trafficking more broadly and make a positive social impact.
“We feel compelled to help women and children who haven’t been given the opportunities and the resources that we have been so fortunate to have, so it’s a blessing to be able to contribute back.”
See how they are raising awareness and bringing the discussion forward: